Saturday, June 10, 2006

It's My Birthday Today!

I love my birthday. I especially love this birthday, because all kidding aside, I hear the 30s are much better than the 20s. Also, it's sunny out! For the first time in 11 million years! And I'm getting my hair done today. And I'm getting a mani-pedi, which I never do, because you could seriously go so crazy with the personal grooming appointments in New York that you wouldn't have time to go to the job that pays for all this personal grooming. Anyway.

The best thing I got for my birthday, however, was the news that the FDA approved the HPV vaccine. Most cervical cancers (I think it's like 90% or thereabouts) are caused by HPV. It's a totally preventable disease, but women are still dying from it. I have to say that I'm really impressed that the FDA approved it. The political climate, she is not so friendly toward women and their parts these days.

Now, all of you, remember: The vaccine won't be available for a couple of months, so you have to wait awhile before you start having the massive amounts of unprotected sex that the abstinence-only folks know you'll be having.

8 comments:

  1. happy happy you old lady!!hope it's grand! i won't be in my 30's until next year...hope you're day was fabo and party like a rock star with your wonderful do and pretty nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Pooper. I hope your party was a super-fun time, even though I'm not there. Truly, I don't know how you'll have gotten on without me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Ms. Smash !!! Don't do anything that will get you pregnate or in jail...other then that have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, McPoopee, for the best 30 of my life. You are the sun that always shines in my heart and truly, the bidness that makes the monkey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops... late to the party. Hope your bday was smashing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Bumpkin! You're thirty but to me you're still a stinking little 22 who can drink more pints than me! Tell me how those thirties look as I got one year left to go!

    ReplyDelete