Monday, February 19, 2007

No Man's Woman

Scene: Pete's Candy Store, Williamsburg, BK. I'm waiting for my friends' band to go on. I've walked what feels like 6 miles through an industrial area. I'm a little nervous, glad to see my friends, in need of a beer. A girl I don't know sits down across from me and starts fondling the arm of the boy next to her.

"I'm ----," she says. She has those big shiny eyes that make you think the person looking at you is stupid or stoned.

"Jen." I shake her hand.

"Are you Dave's girl?"

"Nope."

"Matt's?"

"Nope."

Blink, blink. "Well, whose girl are you?"

I lean over the table. "Baby, I'm my own girl."

At least I didn't have to man the merch table.

6 comments:

  1. It's funny how everything is brought back to poop. Even better, hobo poop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Less hobo poop, more frenching.

    This we like.

    --Taupey

    ReplyDelete
  3. And then you started wearing combat boots...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well. Hobo poop.
    Come on.

    Indeed.
    Be your own person!

    Identity through suffering!

    ReplyDelete