Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Why You Are Jealous of Me

I have new fall clothes. In the past few weeks, I have purchased:

1) One new pair of black boots with ridiculously high heels. Matthew, avowed feminist that he is, is confused by them. (Attracted. Repelled. Attracted. Repelled.)
2) One pair of brown slip-on Chuck Taylors.
3) One pair of the new wide pants. They make me look like a very small hobo. I may get a bindle and stick to go with them.
4) One pair of the old skinny jeans.
5) One pair of the ol' stand-by, brown corderoys.
6) Shirts, various, all black.
7) The entire stock of Kiehls.com. (It's going to be dry soon.)

Meanwhile, if anyone has any leads on a pick-up clothes donation service in Brooklyn, I would be so grateful. I have all these old pants lying around. Funny.

2 comments:

  1. I like the sound of the boots and the Varvatos kicks too. I like the transluscent sole. I also like a translucent soul, but that's another story.

    --Taupey

    ReplyDelete
  2. The real question about the Boots of Tall Heels is the toe.

    Is the toe pointy, and filled with Toe Squashing Might?

    Or is it sensible and square, and actually vaguely comfortable?

    Cuz if they have sensible toes male feminists are allowed to just think they're hot.

    ReplyDelete