Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Dream log

Proof finally that blogs are the last refuge of nine-year-old girls who refuse to grow up: I'm going to tell you about a dream I had the other night. Don't worry: You weren't in it. (Remember that? That was like, the coolest excuse to talk to a guy in the fifth grade. "I had a dream and you were in it!" Anyway.)

In this dream, I had a baby. Like, all of a sudden. I wasn't pregnant or anything, I was just my normal self. And then, poof! Baby.

I wasn't thrilled about this. The baby was cute and all, but I was kinda pissy that I wouldn't be able to go out anymore. But it grew on me as babies do. They're supposed to, which is why God made them little and cute and sweet-smelling, in addition to loud and irritable and shit-spewing. All things in life are a tradeoff.

Then, all of a sudden (again), I looked up and the baby was gone. Poof! No more baby. And I was all sad. But more than that, I was really concerned that I turned out to be the sort of person who could actually misplace a baby -- which is what I've always told anyone who asked why I don't have one.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure that the baby really represented your old job and fear of change/transition/living in a cardboard box. Isn't it odd how climbing into a cardbord box inside is considered silly, but outside you are just considered homeless? Maybe the "homeless" are all just playing "fort." Don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're probably on to something. The night before, I had a dream about rats. I'm sure that's related to my fears of living in a tenement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actaully I think the rats are dream symbols for babies so you are right back where you started. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the rats in your dream were rats, and the baby was a baby.

    ReplyDelete