Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Weird things people are saying to me, part one

I've noticed this weird trend, since I started discussing the New York Plan openly with my pals, peers and colleagues: people keep asking me if I'm going by myself.

There are many variations on this question, but it amounts to same thing. People want to know if I'm running away because of some boy. This is all the more interesting because I was actually dating a boy in New York late last year, shortly after (after, please note I said "after") I started thinking about moving. It had nothing to do with him, but all the same, the few people I talked to about my plan didn't believe me. In fact, he didn't believe me, and he was less than pleased when I pointed out to him that my plan predated our relationship.

Which I thought was kinda odd, cuz who needs that kind of pressure, right? I mean, if a boy told me that he was moving to a city to be near me, I think I'd be freaked out. I'd be all like, okey-dokey, then. I'll just be moving, myself. And not leaving a forwarding address. Can you just step out to the market, and pick up these things? No, no. I'll totally be here when you get back, no worries.

Now that I think about it, maybe I'm the one who has issues. But if should come as no surprise to you all then that there's no boy in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment