Sunday, March 19, 2006

Control-f the Future

I have spent this whole day sleeping. I'd like to think that I'm working off the rest of the jet lag from my trip to Tacoma, but in fact, I'm pretty sure I'm just lazy. If I hadn't run out of coffee, I doubt I would have left the house all day.

In other unrelated whatevers, my friend Ed asked me last night if I read tarot cards and I realized that I haven't for almost a year now. This is not because I've given up on the idea of divination. Not at all. It's because I've found other ways to figure out what will happen to me next. For example, Googling the phrase "what will happen to me next?" In case you're interested, this brings up one tarot site, one blog, an online library ... and no real definitive answers about what the future holds. Still, since I Google almost everything, I find it oddly soothing.

The other day I was reading a book and wanted to find a certain section and thought to myself, "Oh, I'll just hit control-f." That's how bad this computer addiction has gotten.

2 comments:

  1. Control-f???? WHo knew THAT would work????
    Thanks JS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, control-f is always the answer!!!!

    ReplyDelete