Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Super Steez and Zzzzz

I am in training to be an awesomely eccentric old lady, and here's step 1: I now have the most bizarre sleep pattern of anyone I know. It's 6:46 in the a.m., and I'm wide awake and about to go into work, not because I have to - people in New York don't roll in until 10 in some offices - but because I'm awake and why the hell not? Might as well get a jump on the day.

Yesterday, I woke up at 3:30 a.m. That was less fun. I woke up completely, like the alarm had gone off, except it hadn't, because it wasn't due to go off for another four hours. Criminy. Because of this, I had no choice but to dress up as an anime superhero for work, complete with large poofy boots, small skirt and pink camoflage shirt, just to keep myself alert. (The way this works is, you spend half the day pulling your skirt down, and the other half the day fielding compliments that might not actually be compliments, such as "you look good ... today" and "well, now that's an interesting outfit!")

Super steez or no, I was pizzausted when I got home. I went to bed at 9:30, and so of course I'm awake again, bright and early. Part of me wants to make this a new schedule. I am sure I am the only person awake in New York right now who does not have a brand new baby or a car service to run. It's kind of nice having the place to myself.

2 comments:

  1. See, now there's another reason I'd like to work in the office. Where else could I be so entertained just by the way people dress for work?

    Well, actually, there are some strange outfits in Antarctica, especially for those theme parties, like the Skirt Party. One of my best friends apparently looked so convincing that a drunk Russian kept hitting on him even after he exposed proof of his manhood.

    Now that I think about it, it's no wonder I'm so twisted, with friends like mine. Wonder what manga character I could emulate at work tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I demand pictures of The Smash as Anime Superhero-girl character.

    ReplyDelete