Wednesday, April 9, 2008

10 Reasons Karl Lagerfeld Rules

I love Karl Lagerfeld. I don't care how crazy he is: I love him because he's crazy. I love his weird powdered-wig George Washington hair, I love his super-tight collars, I love his fucking fan. But most of all, I love him when he says things like this:

Do you ever wish you had a son to pass on your wisdom to, to continue the Chanel heritage?
That's the last thing I want. I hate all children. For other people, it's fine, but not for me. I was born not to be a family person.

And, later:

Also I cannot go on airlines because people stare at me, you have to be touched by people. I hate that...I hate bespoke because I hate to be touched by strangers. It bores me to death.



Go read the rest at Jezebel. You're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. I love KL because he hates Ann Wintour (who walked out of one of his coutoure shows because the models were strippers.)

    He also invented the K-line, where the model stops and poses with her hands clasped loosely just above her natural waist, trails one leg and also bends back slightly from the waist...such a glorification of woman compared to the usual couture slouch. The latter is designed to create a peek-a-boo in the front, but does nothing for the fabric, the cut, or the woman wearing it, unless you think underfed pendulatum is attractive.

    ReplyDelete