Sunday, August 22, 2004

Fanfare, etc.

So, I have a Web site now. A week ago I didn't have one, but now I do. A monkey could build a Web site now, it seems, as long as he could tap out pleas for help with his long monkey fingers and mail them to the correct "techsupport@".



I decided to get a Web site because it seemed like the next logical step after the live journal, and also because I like polkadots and I was told that I could put polkadots all over the background of my Web site, if I got one ... and also, that someone had already worked up a little template with polkadots all over it already, and that I could take it, for free, and that it wouldn't even be called stealing.



The polkadots are working, and the archives are working, but the profile picture is broken and the site proprietoress is tired. It's a good thing that blogger doesn't allow you to use those little smiley-face emoticons, because otherwise I'd have to slap about fifteen "tired" faces on this entry, and no one wants that. I mean, honestly, one of the reasons I moved to this format in the first place was to discourage myself from over-indulging in things like emoticons. I'm also putting a ban on Internet acronyms and/or initialisms such as LOL, BTW, etc. Those are the only ones I know, fortunately, so it shouldn't be too hard to cut back.



Watch this space. Big things happening. You just wait and see.



No comments:

Post a Comment