Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Dr. W. David Hager owns your uterus, soul, sense of skepticism

The past few days have been hard, no doubt, so I'm willing to cut my peeps some slack on the my usual rule about e-mail forwards. My usual rule about e-mail forwards, by the way, is that people who send them should be prepared for me to box up my actual paper junkmail, smear it with poo, and shove it through their mail slot. I really hate e-mail forwards.



That being said, times are tough, so I can be a little understanding about the mass volume of pinko propaganda that's wall-papering my Yahoo! account at the moment. Quotes from Thomas Jefferson? Always good. United States of Canada and Jesusland? Hi-sterical!



But I swear before God and all that's holy if I get one more e-mail about W. David Hager and the FDA's Reproductive Health Drugs Advisory Committee, I will come over to your house and swap out all your birth control pills with baby aspirin. Don't say I didn't warn you.



For those of you who haven't received this forward yet, here's a brief sampling. Just pretend we're penpals and get your baby aspirin ready.



President Bush has announced his plan to select Dr. W.

David Hager to head up the Food and Drug

Administration's (FDA) Reproductive Health Drugs

Advisory Committee...



...Dr. Hager, the author of "As Jesus Cared for Women:

Restoring Women Then and Now." The book blends

biblical accounts of Christ healing Women with case

studies from Hager's practice. His views of

reproductive health care are far outside the

mainstream for reproductive technology. Dr. Hager is a

practicing OB/GYN who describes himself as "pro-life"

and refuses to prescribe contraceptives to unmarried

women. In the book Dr. Hager wrote with his wife,

entitled "Stress and the Woman's Body," he suggests

that women who suffer from premenstrual syndrome

should seek help from reading the bible and praying.




Horrifying? Yes. Current? No. Dr. W. David Hager has been on the FDA's Reproductive Health Drugs Advisory Committee for two years now. This information is available to all of you who currently have InTerWeb access.



So rather than send me a petition, here's what I want you to do. Write old W. David Hager a letter and let him know how you feel about how Jesus cared for women. His address, readily available for all who know that Google's not just something your eyes do when confronted with attractive naked people, is:



W. David Hager, M.D.

Professor, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology

University of Kentucky

Director, Ob/Gyn Residency Training Program

Central Baptist Hospital

Women's Care Center

2720 Nicholasville Road

Lexington, Kentucky 40503



Please bear in mind that this guy is probably somewhat inured to hatemail, not to mention that we liberal types have a reputation for being more piss and vinegar than brains and reasoned argument ... so if you write the dude, play nice, okay?

4 comments:

  1. Right on Jenbly!
    I am all out of patience for these bible thumping morons who are running our country using MY tax dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, sorry. I think I was one of those pinkos. Oh well, what do you want? I have to occupy my time with something other than worrying myself into an ulcer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really sad that you would post such information about someone who obviously you are upset with. In all reality if you dont like the way he practices, then see someone else! He has every right to publish and believe what he wants. He is the doctor and he has that right.

    Maybe you should publish your own book and stop harrasing other people!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What!!! You're liberal?
    I woulda never thunk it.
    The Bible thumping people died to make this country what it is or should I say was. The Bible thumpers will rule it again as well as the world. That's what the Bible says that I just thumped today.

    ReplyDelete