Monday, November 29, 2004

I also have a lovely singing voice

I cope with stress really, really well. So when the tow truck guy didn't believe that our address was correct, I handled it with grace and aplomb.



"I'm standing in front of a sign that says I'm at 325 Huntington Ave." I told him. "Is your guy standing in front of a sign that says he's at 325 Huntington Ave.?"



The tow truck driver said that he was.



"Well, then we've got some kind of a problem, because I don't know what other address to give you. I mean, if they're just going to start posting signs with fictious addresses on them, then I guess we're all just hopelessly lost, aren't we?"



I'm going to spare you the play by play. Here's the summary: we went back and forth for quite some time, as I got more irate, and he got more patronizing, and finally, I used the F word.



Don't ever use the F word with a tow truck driver. You might as well strap on your sneakers and start walking home.



Three hours later, when the tow truck driver arrived, I had wept away all my anger and was prepared to wash and wax his truck if he'd just fix the tire. Not that I had to wash and wax anything, because it was pouring out. POURING. My coat smells like a drunk lama and my hair is STILL frizzy.



Oh, and the sign I was standing in front of? Was wrong. Let this be a lesson to you all. When you think you're most right, you're probably dead wrong.

9 comments:

  1. Well, at the risk of offending you in this day and age of equality among the sexes, i must ask, did you have a spare tire, and if so, why didnt you change it yourself.

    PS: you might want to pickup a can of inflatable fix a flat also.

    PSS: the day chicks can change their own tires, will be the day that they no longer make $.60 for ever $1 a man makes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigod ... fix it MYSELF? I had no idea. Jeez. I really wish you'd been there on Sunday, at not-325 Huntington Ave., to tell me what to do.

    Listen, jackass: I can't even walk up a flight of stairs without tripping. Do you think it's really a good idea for me to get underneath a 2000 pound hunk of metal and start fiddling with lug nuts?

    I didn't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and consequently the reason why women are the weaker gender (yeah yeah yeah, you give birth, try squeezing a meatloaf out of our penis, you gals have a higher threshhold for pain...blah blah blah, i have heard it all before): not only can they not change their own tire, they get emotional when you point that fact out to them.

    i really was only kidding, you didnt need to call me a jackass. if i wasnt a guy you might have hurt my feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't believe she was being emotional. She was merely pointing out the obvious: you are a jackass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Re: Not a guy.

    Except you gave it away in your previous paragraph, with the us vs. them use of "you."

    At least admit you're a dude. How lame.

    --KB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oy, I was so annoyed, I read that wrong. Oh well, Mr. Anonymous, I'll just get all emotional and call all my weak girlfriends and we'll talk about you and how unfair you are.
    --KB

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK Megs, she wasnt being emotional, so in addition to being a deuchbag i can now see that you are also delusional.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, but at least she can spell "douche-bag."

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a different Anonymous, I just wanted to point out that line "if they're just going to start posting signs with fictious addresses on them, then I guess we're all just hopelessly lost, aren't we?"

    And then it was a wrong sign.

    Therefore, we are all lost.

    ReplyDelete