Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Do-over day

When I was a kid, I used to think sometimes about how much I'd like to be able to have a day where I could just do whatever I wanted, and then do the whole thing over. At the time, I was thinking of cutting class to go to the Crest and buy gumballs and Garbage Pail Kids and stickers and fake dog doo, but that doesn't mean that it was a juvenile wish. No, recently, I've realized that I could still use a do-over day. It's just that I'd use it a little differently.

Here are some of the things I'd do if I could just erase a whole day when I was through and start over:

1. Cut off all my hair immediately and go back to my cute (but difficult to grow out) Rosemary's Baby haircut of a decade ago.
2. "OK, I can meet with you briefly, but I'm going to have to jump off this call at 2:30. I have to call my friend so that we can talk about boys."
3. Lie in bed til noon. Don't call anyone to tell them that I'm going to be out. Don't explain to anyone when I get up.
4. "I'd love to go out, but I'm terribly fickle and not good at confrontation. So what do you say we date for, like, three weeks?"
5. Eat an entire block of cheese as it were a sandwich.
6. "I'd love to continue talking to you, but I'm afraid that I just don't care about anything important. Please go away."

8 comments:

  1. numero uno I deffinately want to do, in fact when you see me next I'll have little to no hair
    and six I've always secretly wanted to do, especially when I'm on the city bus going to campus. Sometimes I'm just too damn inviting (like I'm winking at them in more code to come over) and I end up missing my stop because the person is still telling me (from 10 stops back) what went wrong with their day. Most of the time I feel flattered, but other times when I've had a bad morning too, I want to say "hey! I can complain just as well as you can! Maybe even better! and certainly louder!". Don't worry, I'll work out these issues BEFORE I become a counselor;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine M. ParizoMarch 30, 2005 at 6:04 PM

    Mmm, that cheese thing sounds like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely feeling the one about being fickle, no confrontation and dating for three weeks. I'm such a man eater.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This site hasn't been good in months. What the hell is wrong with you? Sporadic posting, impersonal ranting, list after list after list after list. What happened to the self depricating story telling? When did JS turn into Spice World the blog and why?

    Inquiring minds want to know.

    Girl Power!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always find this so funny. If the blog hasn't been interesting in months, then what are you doing here? Go do your taxes or something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Anonymous: Is it fun to hide behind your "anonymous" guise and insult people who are brave enough to put themselves out there? 'Cause, gee, it sure sounds like fun. Asshole.

    ReplyDelete
  7. See Megs, that's the point. JS hasn't put herself out there recently, and while I'm sure she has her reasons, it doesn't make it any less disappointing for regular readers outside her circle of friends.

    I do like commentting anonymously though. I feel like Zorro, and will probably get a mask to boot. There are many talented bloggers out there, who need some honest criticism.

    Yours forever,
    El Bloggo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure where I'd be without your wisdom and correction.

    Tell me, El Bloggo: Did I sleep with you at some point in my life? Otherwise, I fail to see how you've become so invested in a blog. A BLOG, fer cripessakes.

    ReplyDelete