Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Spring fever and all that

It's warm today. My Internet pals who live in warmer climes probably don't understand what that means to the average New Englander, so let me explain: perhaps, at some point in the near future, someone will ask me to hang out and I'll be inclined to look for my shoes instead of scrambling feverishly for excuses to hide under a blanket and read bad mystery novels. Perhaps. I'm not making any promises.

I turn into such a hermit in the winter. I wouldn't mind, if only I got something done during my hermitage. I mean, for reals, if you totted up all the hours I've spent watching TV this winter, I could've written a novel by now. But no. I'm not built that way. I am fantastically productive or completely slothlike. Full-tilt or stop.

I've had enough stop, though, so maybe full-tilt season will cooperate and arrive at last. I could use some sunshine. I'd like to go for a walk outside. It'd be nice to smell that spring smell in the air.

It's almost here! Any second now. I should do some sit-ups and rediscover vegetables. I should up my SPF, and make sure to put sunglasses in my glove compartment. Spring is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment