Sunday, December 18, 2005

Let's See: Nap, Write or Eat Cheese? (What Do You Think?)

The Donut: Jen? I have a deadline and I can't do anything. I hate writing.

Jennie Smash: That's because writing is loathsome.

The Donut: It is!

Jennie Smash: It's terrible. I don't know why we ever thought this was a good idea.

The Donut: I don't know either.

Jennie Smash: I hate it. I'd rather have a nap.

The Donut:
Me too!

Jennie Smash: Or eat a whole bag of cheese.

The Donut: I did both those things today.

Jennie Smash: Me too.

The Donut: The sleep-to-work ratio, especially, is not so bueno.

Jennie Smash:
Amen.

The Donut: Can you think of any reason why we do this at all?

Jennie Smash: Despite the fact that it's loathsome and impossible, it's our favorite thing in the world?

The Donut: No.

Jennie Smash: Oh. Well then there's my other theory.

The Donut:
What's that?

Jennie Smash: Writing is our version of secret cutting. It lets the pain out, and then you're so relieved when it's over.

The Donut: That's really sick.

Jennie Smash: Yes.

The Donut: We belong in the hospital.

Jennie Smash: Yes.

3 comments:

  1. You are both sick. But I feel the same way about auditioning. It's the worst thing in the world, but after it's over, even if I don't get into the play I auditioned for, I feel cleansed. Artists are sick, sick people. It's like we need to torture ourselves to feel alive, or even just to remain sane.

    Also, I don't know who "The Donut" is, but I love him/her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know that "bag" was a unit of measurement for cheese...cube, wheel, tube maybe...but "bag"?

    See you on New Years Lady Smash.

    ReplyDelete