Monday, December 5, 2005

More Sniffling

So, I have a cold. Yes, another one.

I'm so embarrassed about my inferior immune system that I resolved not to say anything to my coworkers about feeling ill. Of course, the fact that I look like shit and sound like the cartoon version of a person with a stuffed up nose make it harder for me to pull off the illusion of health.

First thing in the morning, I had to talk to one of my editors about something. We settled the business at hand, and then she said, "Um, is your nose horribly stuffed up?"

"Yebs, ib is," I said. "I hab a cold. It's OK doh, I gob sick dis weekenb, so I don't think you can catch ib."

I don't think people believe me, though, because everyone in my office has started wearing surgical masks. I mean, I don't want to talk things too personally, but I'm pretty sure that this is on my account.

In other news, I have definitely decided to stop licking the poles on the F train, you'll be happy to know.

2 comments:

  1. I had a cold this weekend too! And I felt better yesterday, but then I woke up this morning feeling like someone was trying to push a watermelon out of my nose through my sinus cavities. Maybe we are connected through our immune systems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 words:
    Hand Sanitizer

    ReplyDelete