Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Chicken Little

I don't want to alarm anyone, but I feel I should mention that it is now getting darker at an earlier hour than ever before. This is not hyperbole, but actual fact, observed by me, and confirmed by all of my friends and coworkers who wish I would shut up and leave them alone.

I know it's December and all, but I'm pretty sure that last year at this time, it did not start to get dark at 3:30 in the afternoon. I'm near a window at work, and I could easily have turned my lamp on at that hour today. This is not OK at all, and clearly means that the planet has become loosened from its orbit and is now winging off into the deepest, coldest reaches of space.

Upside? I can stop wearing 45 SPF sunblock. It's important to be positive.

3 comments:

  1. I love you. I'm your own personal mexican stalker. It had been a while since the last time I entered your blog, after this period I figured I'm still in love with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never fear,

    The Smash has numerous stalkers.

    Never fear Jennie, Al & Leo will solve the problem for you, but you have to do your part to solve global dimming. Just cut down on all unnecessary light use and cut your coefficient of absorption, which it seems you've done, being a pale lady and whatnot. Oh, and pay more taxes.

    --Taupey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw these very nice comments. You guys! I blush.

    I need to be a better blogger, so I'll be worthy of all this love.

    ReplyDelete