Friday, May 7, 2004

I, on the other hand, am a light minty green color

I'm not going to name any names, but I've seen several people in the last few days who are clearly suffering from tanorexia, and need to be cut off from all light sources until their burnt orange hides return to a normal hue. I understand that as a paddy, my idea of a normal hue might be different from yours. I know that most people don't have their primary skin pigmentation in the form of freckles. But all I'm saying is that if your skin is the same color as the residue left on your foot by a poorly cured leather sandal strap, maybe you need to dial the tanning down a notch, you know?



Fortunately, most of my friends are indoor people like me. (It's like being an indoor cat, only we use the toilet most of the time, and we can run away if people try to chop the top parts of our fingers off.) You can see us glowing palely two blocks ahead of you on the darkest and foggiest night of the year. Woooo! It's spooky. But not nearly as spooky as when we all go to the beach, and the reflected glare from our milk-white skin blinds innocent bystanders.

No comments:

Post a Comment