Monday, January 17, 2005

It's a national holiday! Get back to work.

Can we put aside the fiction that there are actually any such things as national holidays anymore? Because it pains me to be lied to in this fashion.



Today is Martin Luther King Day, and yet here I sit at the website factory, cranking away. Many of my friends actually do have the day off. Others don't. I feel that this failure on the part of all of our employers to come to some sort of consensus regarding MLK Day is just plain wrong. Ideally, we should either all be working, or none of us should. Guess which one I'm voting for.



In other news, I have decided to start making up holidays, just for fun. If we're not going to have the day off anyway, why not have a holiday, like, once a week? Wouldn't that be GREAT?



Today is the International Day of Stuffing Your Face With Candy. You know what to do.

2 comments:

  1. I like the holiday idea. I'll get right on that:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel any better, I had to work on MLK day, too, here at the old shysta' factory. ;-)

    ReplyDelete