Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention:

I have meetings all week long, so I probably won't be around much for the next few days. In the meantime, I suggest you amuse yourselves by picturing your old Auntie Jennie attempting to drive herself waaaay out into the hinterlands every morning, in the snow, to get to the hotel where the meetings are being held. It's pretty gee dee amusing, I'll tell you. If you think strokes are funny. The kind where your head explodes, not the band. Those Strokes are kind of funny, too, but not because they're trying to be.

4 comments:

  1. Fist city by Loretta Lynn, huh? I knew that sounded familiar. So it's true: You really can get great material from old country songs.
    ~Bev in SA, TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really doesn't get any better than Loretta Lynn. Trust me on this.

    Okay, Billie Holiday, maybe. But that's my final offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Smash, what is the week long meeting all about? do they at least serve you booze during it, so you can at least catch a good buzz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you suggesting that god intended strokes (i mean the kind grampa gets) to be funny?

    ReplyDelete