Saturday, May 21, 2005

Back!

Hello, my little Internet pals. I have returned from France, where I ate fourteen pails of cheese, drank several million gallons of wine, bought every handbag, dress and paper mache cow available for purchase (don't ask) and, interestingly enough, did not smoke a single cigarette. Those of you who actually know me know that I'm a "chipper" -- that is, I smoke some times, lots, and other times not at all, but in France, where everyone smoked, my feeling was, what's the point? You could just, you know, INHALE and get plenty of nicotine.

Seriously, though, this is interesting: People in Paris were nice to us. I was sort of surprised. Then again, everyone likes someone who's waving money and smiling, and that's pretty much the extent of my French language skills. So there you are.

I have many stories to tell you, but at the moment, I have to go convince my wee brain that it's sleeping time. Soon, my little cabbages, though, soon.

2 comments:

  1. >>Then again, everyone likes someone who's waving money and smiling.

    That's funny, because I can do that in German, Dutch, and Mandarin Chinese, but not French.

    ReplyDelete