Monday, September 12, 2005

Dorky Bragging About Work

We had a conference call for work tonight, with just about everyone from my company on the line, and one of my writers said that I was the best editor ever, pretty much. OK, maybe he didn't use those exact words, but it was very close. I don't even care if he was trying to flatter me, because I love flattery. I love it like homecooking, I love it so much. I love it on bread and I love it in a cassarole and I love it in a food metaphor that doesn't really work. That's how much I love it.

The second I got off the call, one of my coworkers phoned me and accused me of bribing the writer. Which I totally would have done, FYI, but I've been so busy lately that it completely slipped my mind.

So! I pretty much rule. That's what I want you to take away from this discussion. Stay tuned for tomorrow's entry, in which I return to fearing that I am a fraud who will eventually be discovered.

2 comments:

  1. congrats cuz! You are worthy of such praise oh mighty smash (faces east and bows).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bragger. I think only one of my writers even asked a question. (But I like to think it's because I keep them so well-informed that they don't HAVE to ask questions on a conference call. So there!)

    ReplyDelete