Monday, May 15, 2006

In Which I Bring All My Friends to Brooklyn With Me

My friend the Donut called me yesterday to tell me that she's being booted out of her apartment in the East Village. Apparently, the landlord neglected to make sure that he could build residential apartments in her building, and now the authoritays are coming down on him.

Long story short, it looks like I might get the Donut for a neighbor in Park Slope. This is excellent, because I need someone to help me take on the legions of strollers and dogs.

Seriously, though, when the Donut moves, you know the rental situation in Manhattan has gotten totally out of control. I'm not from these parts, and I have trouble dealing with shoebox-sized apartments and no trees at all, but the Donut is a native New Yorker and made of sterner stuff. You see what you've done, Manhattan landlords?

No comments:

Post a Comment