Thursday, May 24, 2007

Twue Wuv

My friend the Reverend and I hunkered down over beers this evening, as you do, and discussed true love. It is the Rev's feeling that one is not in love until one is loved back.

"Mutual trust," said the Rev. "Otherwise, is it even real?"

Now before you get all crazy, let me tell you: One of the two of us believes in Miracle Zombie Jesus, and it ain't the Rev. Of the two of us, I am way more Cosmica Rama Ding-dong. However:

"It seems to me that a person shouldn't lose credit, just because their feelings aren't reciprocated."

The Rev took a good swig of his beer. "Well, who said there was credit?"

I think we can agree that I need stupider and less spiritual friends.

1 comment:

  1. One person can experience the chemical changes that we consider to be true love. We call it obsession until that's returned.

    "I love you and want to come tuck you into bed tonight" has a totally different meaning if the target doesn't love you back.

    ReplyDelete