Sunday, November 16, 2008

I Make the Rules, but Then I Break Them

My friend Rick claims that the secret to dating successfully is to decide what it is that you want, and then stick to it. Don't make exceptions. People get into trouble when they start second-guessing themselves.

With that in mind, I set an age limit for myself. 28 was absolutely the youngest guy I would allow myself to date. And then a 25-year-old marine wrote to me on Match.com, and I decided that rules were made to be broken.

I'm sure Rick is right, but I bet I'm having more fun.

2 comments:

  1. Good news-- your formula is totally correct. Age limit of 28, minus one year if in the Army, 2 for air force, three for Navy, four for peace corps, and/or 5 for Marines. According to my math, you're in the pink.

    Party on, smash

    ReplyDelete