Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tim Robbins Ain't the Only One Pissed off

Check it: Tom Robbins denied at the polls.

My voting machine was broken, and then it took 20 minutes to find a poll worker to man it once it was fixed. Also, the lady who was checking me off couldn't find the name "Hubley." She was looking in the K's.

"I think you'll find that it's in the H's," I told her.

She smiled at me. "You look so happy! Such a happy face!"

"Voting makes me smile. You're still, you see, in the K's."

"Can you spell that?"

"Yes. H-U-B ... 'B' as in 'boy'..."

Flip, flip, flip.

"See, you're still in the K section." Flip. Flip, flip. "Now we're in A's. I think you'll find it's after 'A,' but before 'K.' YES. There I am. Oh, great. HUBLOY. Close enough."

It does make you wonder. I mean, do they even have to steal an election? Seems to me it could just lose its way on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment