Tuesday, July 4, 2006

Overheard at the Airport

"I have no booze, nothing. From now on, I'm travelling with at least two flasks. (Pause.) Well, we've been delayed three hours."

Please note that this was not said by me, nor will I propose marriage to this person. Mostly because he was wearing sandals and a bandana around his head. Otherwise, it would've been a close thing. I like a man with a solid appreciation for a beverage, and if he's prescient enough to bring his own, so much the better.

Now's when I should probably point out that I finally caved in and took that Xanax I've been saving. Delays freak me out. Airplanes freak me out. Being delayed while waiting for an airplane for the third time in a week is definitely freaking me out. It was high time for chemical assistance, is all I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment