Friday, July 22, 2005

Meta

There are a few downsides to having a blog. People sometimes get mad at you for things you write about them, either because they don't think you got it right, or because they think you did. Sometimes people leave nasty little notes in the comments. And there's always the chance that your employer won't appreciate your candor and will give you the old heave-ho.

But this here's a new one on me: Last night, I went out with my cousin and had a couple of bottles of wine, as you do, and at one point, I tried to tell him a story. He interrupted me.

"I already know that. I KNOW THAT. You wrote about it on your blog," he said. "You're just quoting yourself from your blog."

4 comments:

  1. I have this same problem as well. Or other times, someone will ask what I've been up to and I answer, "Nothing," only for them to argue that they've read about all my outings on my blog and why I didn't call them to invite them along. Geez, some people are so sensitive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a blog, but I often try and tell people the same story over and over again by mistake, and they're like, "Yes. I sat through this story twice already." Yeesh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really not the way I remember it.

    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Worse than repeating yourself is having to listen to someone else's stories over and over again. I mean, I can listen to myself just go on and on and on and on and ... wait... but when other people talk, it's usually hard enough to feign interest the first time around.

    ReplyDelete