Monday, July 25, 2005

More Black Table Fun

A week or so ago, I made a little trip to Coney Island to catch a Cyclones game and play Shoot the Freak. The Freak was retiring for the evening, sadly, so we decided to go on some rides. Or rather, my friends decided to go on some rides. As you all know, I am afraid of heights, motion, mechanical things, carnies, heights, being jostled around, the smell of gasoline, disenfranchised persons who might want to hurt me, carnies, heights, etc. So I held everyone's bags while they rode the rollercoaster. As I was doing so, my phone rang. It was my Mom, so I picked up.

"Hello, Sweetie," she said. "I just wanted to call to say hello and to tell you how much I loved your Black Table piece about getting stuffed."

D'oh.

Anyway, here's my latest contribution to the ol' BT:

Incoming! July 25, 2005

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff, honey! Love it, and had a great weekend!
    Love, Ma Smash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though your mom seems cool about it (and, of course, is the Nicest Woman in North America), I'm still having a hard time not laughing.

    Not so much at what Ma said, but what I picture your reaction to be.

    I mean, way so show support for the offspring, but mortified much? :p

    ReplyDelete