Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The next generation of turnstile jumpers

This morning I saw a woman coax her child into ducking under the turnstile in the subway station. Maybe kids are supposed to scoot under the bar, but it looked pretty suspicious to me. As usual, no one but me even seemed to notice. If I want to avoid looking like a bumpkin, I'm going to have to learn how to stop making facial expressions.

Also, when I was on the train, I heard someone puking, but every time I looked up, everyone was reading their paper or sleeping or nodding along with their iTunes. So I'd go back to spacing out, and then I'd hear the puking again. Maybe it was the conductor.

2 comments:

  1. Man, every time I see some stupid teenager jump the turnstile, I feel like a giant chump when I swipe my Metrocard. So irritating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids through the turnstile thing is fine. My parents used to make me do it. Then I'd cry, because I wanted to be like the big people and make the turnstile go around. I also always wanted the change belt the bus drivers used to have. My fascination with public transportation knew no bounds.

    ReplyDelete