Tuesday, October 11, 2005

An Actual Note from Ma Smash

I just received a package at my place of business. It was a padded manilla mailer, with my name, my title, and my work address on the front. I recognized the handwriting immediately, because so few people write perfect Palmer Method script these days, and my mother is one of them.

I opened the package, to find the following items:

1) Two packages of cotton underpants.

2) A short note.

The note said:

Hi Sweetie,

Here are some lovely underpants just for you!

Love you,

Mom



My coworker Madeleine has posited that my mother was bored of the blog and thought I needed some new material.

6 comments:

  1. rofl... i honestly don't know what i would say if my Mother sent me bloomers. hell at this point i would probably be elated since that seems like the last thing in the world i ever remember to buy for myself! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom does the same thing, except the undies are from the thrift shop. Not quite the same when you know someone else has worn them. Eeeww...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand. My mother sends me underpants all the time. However, her notes always explain the same frustrating reason.

    For example,

    Hi Honey, I was shopping at Wal-Mart the other day and saw these adorable cotton panties (that are large enough to fit a 600 pound man) and thought I would send them to you. I know you keep saying those stringy but-floss things are comfortable, but really, I don't believe it for a second!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...and thought I needed some new material."

    new material. get it? material? i.e. underwear is made of material.

    of course you needed new material.

    ReplyDelete