Sunday, October 9, 2005

Happy Birthday, Oldie Oldenson...

One of the many excellent questions that have come up in my comments section (unrelated to politics or my general worth as a person) is how I've managed to go so long without writing a totally drunken, incoherent post. Well, I still don't have an answer for you. However, I am rectifying the situation right now. Because if blogging involved heavy equipment, well, this would not be advisable.

Anyway, my point is that it's my friend Will Leitch's birthday on Monday (Saturday night, observed), and that you should all raise a glass in his honor. He is much, much older than I am, and he's a Cardinals fan, but he's a good person, for all of that.

(However, honestly compels to me to admit that he was perhaps a little gleeful about the tragedies that befell the Red Sox this past week. And I think we can all agree that this is not pretty, and beneath him. Also, Midwesterners are supposed to be nice. I gave him a pass because it was his birthday, but I'll get even. Oh, yes. Yes, I will.)

5 comments:

  1. I quite enjoyed the gleefulness and was pleased to participate, even. GO CARDS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caryn is also a bad person, and a poor excuse for a Midwesterner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, when ARE you going to give us a drunken blog? that one doesn't count because you didn't accidentally write anything you'll regret for at least a week and a half after. come on bobo pants, swallow your pride and MAKE THE FUNNY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. True, you owe us. I managed to embarrass myself in my drunken comment!

    And tonight, at halftime, I tipped my spliff in Will's honor. (Too bad our quarterback got broken...)

    Hanging out with the Smash? No wonder he couldn't write about being a loser any more.

    ReplyDelete