Monday, October 24, 2005

Amazon.com Is Stalking Me

The creepiest thing just happened: I Googled Vendela Vida, because I was trying to figure out if she and Dave Eggers had indeed had a baby, and named the unfortunate creature "October", blerg, and then, not two minutes later, I received an email from Amazon.com, asking me if I was interested in buying anything by Vendela Vida.

This is extremely creepy and wrong, and probably a coincidence. Although, maybe not. I used to cover customer relationship management technologies (just as exciting as you've heard, FYI), and this kind of shit happens all the time, apparently. Soon, I won't even have to get out of bed. I'll just think my lazy thoughts and a giant block of cheddar cheese and 14 DVDs of stupid comic book movies that I should be way too smart to like will appear at my door. Maybe they'll be cheese slices and DVDs. That way, the delivery person can just slide them right under the door.

5 comments:

  1. You are quite funny. That Amazon thing is really creepy, and coincidence? I dont know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing wrong with comic book movies... except Daredevil. Daredevil and Elektra. Daredevil, Elektra and... oh forget it. At least we have the first Batman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yet another example of how the patriot act benefits all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. perhaps. it's nice to have some company. mua-ha-ha-ha - i like how you did your hair today. and the red lipstick was especially fetching. see you soon. . . VERY soon.

    ReplyDelete