Monday, August 29, 2005

20 Questions

I spent the weekend in Maine, pretending to be outdoorsy. I think I fooled everyone. OK, not really. It's pretty hard to fool your friends from high school about much of anything.

A longer, more detailed version of our adventures is forthcoming, as soon as I wade through the work I missed on Friday. However, here is a conversation from the car ride up, to tide you over:

CATHY: Let's play a game!

ME: Erg.

CATHY: Let's play a game!

ME: What game?

CATHY: Twenty questions!

ME: Erg. Cathy, I hate games.

CATHY:
OK, I've got one. Ask me a question.

ME: Is it bigger than a breadbox?

CATHY: That cannot be your first question.

ME: Why ... oh wait. I remember. OK. Um. Is it animal, vegetable, or mineral?

CATHY: Animal.

ME: Is it a giraffe?

CATHY: You suck at this game. I hate playing games with you.

2 comments: