Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Falling Dolls

I had insomnia the past two nights, so I decided to stock up on OTC sleeping pills and melatonin and just drug myself into a stupor. I've been through this before: Once you get on a wakeful tear, you have to break the cycle any way you can.

So last night, I slept like a baby, but I had the weirdest dreams. I only remember one of them. I had decided to move back to Boston, right away. Even my mother was surprised and upset. Everyone kept saying, "But you were so happy in New York!" And I said, "Well, yeah, but if I move in with my Mom, I won't have to cook anymore."

I'm not sure what this means. Except that I'm lazy and that medication has a funny effect on my little brain.

3 comments:

  1. Sleeping pills kinda have that effect on a lot of people. Whenever I take them, I have weird dreams ...as does my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been suffering from insomnia for the past week also, but I don't do anything about it but lay there and watch all the stupid infomercials. Oh, and once I watched Gidget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I know what it means! You should move in with your mommy and she will happily cook for you as well as perform other necessary little chores! What a great idea! (Sorry. I got a little carried away. You do love NYC. It's your town!)
    Love,
    Ma Smash

    ReplyDelete