Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Aristocats, er, crats

If you haven't seen this movie yet, please tell your boss that you're experiencing intestinal distress* and go out and see it NOW NOW NOW.

If you haven't heard of "The Aristocrats", here's the lowdown: Basically, just about every comedian you've ever seen on TV, and some you haven't, tell the same horribly dirty, not really all that funny, joke. For about an hour and a half. And it's hysterical. Also educational. Here's what I learned:

1) Bob Saget? Wicked fucking funny, dude. Also, a dirty, dirty motherfucker who is going straight to hell, Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200.

2) Eddie Izzard? Loves the ganj. Also, he is still hysterically funny, I don't care what you heard in the reviews. He just doesn't tell jokes, so much, or, if he does, he tells them in French and it takes 20 minutes to set them up. I can't wait until we become best friends and he gives me makeup tips and lends me his little kimono. It's going to be fantastic.

3) Gilbert Gottfried? Not annoying, when he has sufficiently annoying material. It's like this horrible joke was his antimatter, and he cancelled himself out. All of sudden he was hysterical. It makes no sense to me either. Usually, I hate his whole, "Now I will hold you hostage by being horrible until you laugh, so laugh, motherfucker, or it will get worse" kind of humor.

* I used to do this all the time at my first crappy publishing job out of college. My boss thought I had the weakest intestines in the world.**

** People who use footnotes need flogging.

9 comments:

  1. Funniest movie I've seen in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I learned the meaning of the word "coprophila" by reading the reviews,

    ReplyDelete
  3. or maybe I didn't learn it, as the word is "coprophilia"

    must have been a freudian slip by leaving out the second "I" in the word.

    Kind of remindes me of the book I once bought that exhaustively shows examples of North American animal tracks. Thought it would be interesting, but half of the book was really disgusting line drawings of animal scat. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. < namedropper alert! > I chatted with Bob Saget for about 10 seconds at the Tribeca Film Festival. V nice guy. Well, from what I could tell from the brief encounter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love Eddie Izzard and will make it a point to see this. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did I mention the grandmother was dead?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That movie was hysterical. I love Wendy Leiblin (sp?)'s version. So funny...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being British, I am always amazed that there are Americans who enjoy Eddie as he not your typical comedian here in the USA. I saw him in NYC a few years ago in a packed theatre off-off-off-off Broadway and I think only about 5% of the audience laughed during the evening. I laughed so much I think I went through several pairs of underpants.

    ReplyDelete