Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Won't You Be

Wow, my neighbor really needs to move back to Des Moines or whatever, like, yesterday. She woke me up at 3:00 this morning because my stereo was too loud. Now, I like to listen to music while I fall asleep, but I'm pretty good about keeping the volume down. As a result, I had the volume down so low that it was probably on par with, say, a conversation in a normal tone of voice. Also, my building is elevendy-hundred years old and has old-school two-foot-thick walls.

I should have known this would be a problem when I met her and she complained that the club downstairs is too loud ... on Saturday nights. Dude. Why are you in New York? Seriously. Personally, I am not paying this much money for the peace and quiet, I'll tell you that.

Anyway, I shut my stereo off and no big deal. However, I'll probably say something to her the next time her poor tortured dog (big dogs + small spaces = not good) starts crying or she leaves her TV on for sixteen days straight at top volume.

5 comments:

  1. There's really no reason to pick on Des Moines...why not Tulsa? At least Des Moines has more than one decent book store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such an awesome neighbor. I never complain about music or loud noises or anything. I guess it's either not that loud or it just doesn't bother me that much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bev,
    We all secretly hate you.
    - Your Neighbors

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got three of my neighbors evicted, so I'm behind ya all the way. Passive-aggressiveness is fun fun fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If book stores were a viable way to state the non-pick-on-ish-ness of a city than Corvallis, Oregon is a budding metropolis (come on down we'll give you some grain, a tractor and a self help book on growing grass seed!)

    ReplyDelete